Hyderabad: TSRTC electric bus catches fire while on charging

No one was injured in the incident that occurred at Jubilee Bus Station of the TSRTC, while the bus was charging.

Hyderabad: An electric bus of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation caught fire while kept on charging at the Cantonment Depot here on Tuesday afternoon. None were hurt in the incident. Police suspect a short circuit led to the fire.

Police said the incident occurred around 2pm, when the bus belonging to the Cantonment Depot and which operates between Jubilee Bus Station and the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, was parked for charging for one hour after passengers had got off. The bus reportedly caught fire suddenly with RTC staff alerting the fire department and the police.

Fire department officials reached the spot and doused the flames, by which time the bus was heavily damaged.

“We suspect a short circuit in the battery could have led to the fire,” an official said. The Marredpally police are investigating.

Telangana Today

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button